The Body Wave texture is very popular and one of our very best sellers.
Besides being a beautiful, airy hair full of bounce, Body Wave is also surprisingly a very low-maintenance texture.
Three reasons to love our Body Wave texture:
- Body Wave texture is extremely silky when straightened, and holds curls very well.
- The hair also can shape into so many different wave patterns, especially wet styles.
- The Body Wave texture is Body Wave requires only a small amount of product to maintain its bouncy, luscious look.
For beautiful curls or waves without applying excessive heat, you can use a curling iron or Flexi Rods.
To straighten hair, use very little to no product. You don't want to build up excess product and dull this flowy wavy pattern down.
- Co-washing with a moisture-rich conditioner is strongly recommended.
- Carefully detangle the hair from ends to roots before washing.
- If there is product build up or your scheduled wash is up; wash hair with lukewarm water, a mild sulfate/alcohol free shampoo followed with a moisturizing creamy conditioner.
- Leave creamy conditioner in for at least 15 minutes.
- Rinsing in cold water will help preserve luster and shine.
- Use a wide tooth comb and gently comb from the ends of the hair up to the wefts while the hair is still wet.
- Stay away from combing or brushing dry curly or wavy hair to avoid matting. Lightly finger detangle if needed (clean hands).
- Allowing your hair to air dry will extend the longevity of your investments. If you choose to blow dry, keep a safe distance from hair and cold shot your hair before turning off the blow dryer
- When/if you do use heat tools, be sure to use a high quality heat protectant.
- When curling or flat ironing virgin hair ensure that you or your stylist only uses ceramic heating tools.
- Excessive heat on virgin hair will cause dryness, heat damage, or breakage.
- Consider enlisting the help of a professional colourist for bleaching or dyeing the hair
- To maintain your hair while sleeping it is highly recommended that you wrap it for straight styles at night and place a satin bonnet to cover it. For curly and wavy hair, loosely twist or braid the hair and apply a satin bonnet to cover it.
- Keep oily products far away from your wefts.